Transitioning into adulthood can be a daunting and overwhelming process. Everything seems to be changing so quickly. There are so many decisions to make, options to consider and paths to take… how do you know which is the right one to choose? Adulting is hard, especially when you don’t feel like an adult yet. The good news is you don’t have to figure it all out on your own. As your coach in the Young Women Coaching & Mentorship Program, I will link arms with you and support, en[courage] and cheer you on every step of the way.
During our time together, we will explore some of the typical questions all young women face:
- What is keeping me tied to my parents? All my friends have moved out, but I do not feel ready to live on my own yet.
- Is it all right to have beliefs that are different from those of my parents? My parents are Christian, but I am agnostic.
- What are my fears/anxieties about independence? What do I do if I cannot succeed on my own?
- How well do I know myself? How do I discover who I really am and what I really want?
- What are my values and goals? I do not know if my values are my own or if I only hold them because I learned them from my parents.